Hi Fellow Photogs!
You may find yourselves with canceled sessions/weddings/events or “extra” time as we face an unprecedented time in our world with Covid-19, changes in the stock market and/or weather related challenges.
This is a good time to catch up on your business to-do list. I’ve compiled a list below and would love for you to leave a comment if you have something else to add.
(Disclaimer: There are a few referral links below that I would love for you to use and as always, they do not increase the price they just allow me to add a little income to my business and most of them can get you a discount!)
- Get legal if you haven’t yet! (register your business in state, county and town if needed as well as securing liability and equipment insurance coverage)
- Start with a CMS like 17hats, Dubsado, Honeybook, etc
- Set up a payment processor like Square
- Edit personal projects or family photos
- Catch up and organize your bookkeeping
- Write blog posts you have been meaning to do for months (am I right?)
- Back up/Organize your business and personal photos
- Organize and sell any Photography gear or props you no longer need or use
- Evaluate your pricing and investment levels
- Create a business emergency plan (for times when things don’t go as planned in the world or in life)
- Create or simplify workflows
- Update/analyze your website, IG, Pinterest, and FB
- Create a 2020 or 2021 marketing plan for growth
- Work through any online education you may have purchased but haven’t completed yet
- Take a course through Amy & Jordan (posing course OR shooting and editing course OR business course which is only open 2 times a year!)
- Learn something new: OCF, newborn posing, another type of photography (like food or product)
- Document a day in the life of your family through photos
- Strategically modify your portfolio
- Send an email to your clients (mass or individually to recurring clients) and check in on them – just show you care!
- Create a course or webinar or other offering
- Dream about future photography offerings
- Most Importantly: Take some time for yourself/your family-take a bath, play games together, read a book on your Goodreads “Want to Read” shelf, go for a nightly walk after dinner together or by yourself, exercise daily using YouTube (TBL is my favorite on YouTube or her membership program), etc
We don’t know what the future holds but we can make the most of each day! We are all in this together so check in on your fellow photographers and show them lots of love!